Friday, October 8, 2010

Cake Mix Cookies

Time for something sweet!  3 main dish recipes in a row is ... well ... too many main dishes!  I think this is a pretty basic recipe that probably *everybody* has, but I have to say it makes one delicious cookie - and FAST!  When my girls were young, I baked most Fridays so we would have something sweet to snack on during the weekend.  Those days are gone, mostly because it would be ME doing more than my share of the snacking.  I still bake occasionally, but we are all more health conscious these days and just don't keep those things around regularly.  (Sigh.)

Cake Mix Cookies

1 dry cake mix, any flavor
1 large egg
¼ cup oil
¼ cup water
Combine well in large bowl.

Stir in one of the following:
1 cup oatmeal, coconut, cereal, nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, M&Ms, etc.

Spoon onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake 350* for 15 minutes.  Remove to cooling rack.

*Lemon cake mix, lemon juice in place of water, and Rice Krispies cereal make one yummy cookie.  I make a glaze of lemon juice and powdered sugar to ice these.

Cheers ~
Cheryl

No comments: