Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crockpot Italian Chicken

I am not good at making up titles, but this is a dish I made recently that was a big hit with my family.  It was thrown together in my crockpot out of a desperate need to create dinner on a day I wasn't feeling well.  We are big on one-dish meals around here, combining our protein, vegetable, and starch (almost always whole grain).  One daughter is not a fan of green vegetables, so she begged off her broccoli and had carrots instead.  Substitute out whatever you like or have on hand.

Frozen chicken tenders
1 can spaghetti sauce
Frozen mixed vegetables
Pasta (I used whole wheat penne)
Parmesan cheese

In crock pot, add enough pieces of chicken for your family.  Cover with spaghetti sauce.  Cook on low 3-4 hours.  Steam vegetables, cook pasta, and add both to chicken and sauce mixture.  Stir well.  Top with parmesan cheese and allow cheese to melt, then serve.

Cheers~
Cheryl

No comments: