Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Carrots. Really. Just carrots.

I know.  I was going for main dishes here, but just feel in a vegetable kind of mood.  Carrots.  My kids love them.  Raw, steamed, and in dishes.  I used the whole "They're good for your night vision" that Snopes says is false as a back-up when they were younger, but now they just like 'em.

Microwave Carrots:

Glass dish (or for an individual portion, a coffee mug)
Carrots (yes, I grab the baby carrots that are ready to go)
Water (I hate precision - just put some water in, maybe up to half an inch)

Microwave on high for about 3 minutes or until a fork will go in with a little bit of resistance.

Drain water and (if desired) add a Tablespoon or two of butter, a Tablespoon or two of brown sugar, and a dash of salt.  Stir and microwave another 30-45 seconds.

Stovetop Carrots:

Same thing, but on a stove with a covered pan.  Did you really think it would be much different?  LOL

Cheers ~
Cheryl

No comments: