Friday, September 17, 2010

Work in progress...

I've been working on a project for quite some time now.  Too long, perhaps.

Here's the background:

I wanted daughters.  I really felt no need to have dirty, stinky little boys, so I specifically prayed for girls with each pregnancy, even being so bold as to ask God for identical twin girls my last time around.  God, with His infinite sense of humor, granted me my heart's desire. :)  I'm sure He also chuckled because I had not thought through hormones, PMS, and emotions that would run high when we had a household of teen girls.  But somehow those years have flown by too quickly.  Two of these girls are living on their own already.  Time escaped us all and there are still lessons I wanted them to learn!  Like...learning to cook!  Sure, they know some basics, but I fear they are not prepared to feed a household unless oriental noodles show up on the menu.  Often.  Because one daughter lives in another county, and another seems to think she is also moving to another county in the next year, my "project" of cooking lessons needed to evolve to fit our lives.  Hence, this blog.  It's my desire to share some easy, basic recipes that every college student, newlywed, or beginning cook can master.  You won't need fancy kitchen tools or crazy ingredients that you'll never use again.  I wouldn't do that to you!

So...feel free to jump on board and maybe you'll get a few dinner ideas to replace oriental noodles from time to time.  First recipe will be posted next week!

Cheers~
Cheryl

1 comment:

Rachel Anne said...

Am I the first to comment on your new blog??? Wow! Cheryl, I think this is such a great idea - what a wonderful gift to your daughters AND the world at large. I'm looking forward to seeing what goodies you cook up over here.

Love, Rachel